11.01.2014

November Goals


I'm going to give it to you straight, no chaser:

October was a hard. fucking. month.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that, and I'm not sure that sentence truly conveys just how much I hated October 2014. I needed a ridiculous amount of strength to get through days and weeks of the past month, and I'm just too happy to see the month go.

So here we are now, November 2014. It feels like a fresh start, and even though I know time is all fluid and months are just a way to measure time, starting a new month helps me feel as though I'm going to be able to start moving forward and away from the difficulties of October.

Graylin at yepindeed started up a blogging challenge for November, similar in vein to the NaNoWriMo challenge other people do: 30 posts for 30 days. I thought it might be a good way to set more intention for November, and help me get back in the groove with blogging. I do everything better when there is a clear challenge and end goal, so this seems like it would be good for me.

Anyway, today is the first post! And the topic for today is November goals. So...here goals. (Punny, right? My students hate me.)


I've created these goals with the basic theme of making sure I focus on things that make me happy. I needed to do so much self-care during October, that one good thing that came out of the Hell that was October was that I became more in tune with what makes me happy and what makes me feel good. So the overarching theme for November 2014 is to keep doing those things that make me happy, and I've created specific targets to help me do that.

1. Read these two books: Yes Please by Amy Poehler and The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters.

2. Write at least 2-3 days a week. Journaling counts. Blogging counts. Any type of writing counts.

3. Make sleep a priority.

4. Yoga every day.

5. Run two 5Ks (one is my school's fundraising 5K, one is a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot) - and run three days a week.

6. Clean eating as much as possible, and that also means no alcohol this month. Not that I've been alcoholic, but October was marked by a few bad nights and worse mornings and I want to push that reset button (and save money by not spending a ton on booze).

7. Keep up with meal preps on Sundays. Because it is the best time saver and money saver and it helps me stick to clean eating throughout the week.

8. Continue with working on my marketing plan for my photography business.

9. Continue supporting my students and attend their extracurricular events (i.e. Choir performances, art shows, musicals and sporting events).

Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew here, but most of these things I've started doing in the past week (or longer) and I've noticed a remarkable difference in my attitude.

Here we go, November, here we go!!

Beautiful Reasons print available here.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals! Hate to hear your October was bad, but you're right, it's a new month and a fresh start!

    Thanks for following along!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete