2.23.2014

A Few Random Thoughts and a Prediction

It's Sunday, which means I spend a good portion of the day planning and prepping for this next week. Based on all the hectic goings-ons at work (state testing is next week, which is always never a teacher's favorite time of year), I'm a little scattered, so instead of attempting to create a well-designed and thought-out post, I'm just slapping down a few random things as well as predict what's going to make me happy this coming week.

*I found my new favorite coffee shop nearby: Fluid Coffee Bar in Uptown. When I remember my wallet (unlike today), it's a short walk from my apartment, it has an excellent chai latte, and cute boys abound. Plus reliable wifi, friendly baristas, and the like. But really: chai latte and cute boys.

*Before this weekend, I had never seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. After this weekend, I still have never seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I tried, I really tried. It's free on Amazon Prime, and I got about halfway through and then I had to switch to The Prince and Me. I realize how dumb this sounds. I'm sorry to all film aficionados everywhere. The thing is, the boat scene in Cuckoo's Nest reminded me too much of what it's like to teach a class of 30 students (minus the hanky panky, obviously) and I also read the plot on Wikipedia and it's just too depressing for me to watch on the weekend. So instead I watched a chick flick, but in my defense, I made fun of it the entire time. Out loud and to myself. Again, I realize how dumb this sounds. 

*Confession time: I joined OK Cupid. Stop judging me. My friend with cancer told me I needed to date more so I could tell her more stories, and when your friend with cancer asks you to do something, you do it. I really don't expect/want/hope to go out (or even talk) with any guys from the website, to be honest. The bonus is I might share some of my stories with you, so you can look forward to being entertained by my horror stories. (Is it possible I'm not in a relationship because I'm horribly negative and sarcastic about dating? In the words of Lucille Bluth: I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it. Also I think I date jerks.)

And now, for a prediction.

I predict the following will make me happy this coming week:

1. Sleep.
2. Returning to yoga class.
3. Sub-60 degree weather.
4. PAYCHECK!
5. Planning for my spring break trip to San Fran.
6. Seeing friends I haven't seen for a while/saw yesterday.

Any questions? Ok, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment